Tricolore pasta make any pasta salad look pretty, look at those colours! A combination of egg pasta, spinach and tomato make it not only oh so insta-worthy, but also full of flavour with the most simple of dressings.
This recipe can be served hot or cold; as a main meal, or it works perfectly as a side for BBQs as part of a big sharing platter, or as part of a lunch.
What I particularly noticed about this Garofalo pasta is how it held it’s fusilli shape and structure after cooking.
This recipe is great to prep ahead of time and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. You can get creative with this and add more or less of what you fancy whether it’s tomatoes, or some green beans, cannellini beans – there’s lots of variations but I’ve kept this version relatively simple.
Ingredients (serves 4 – 6 as a side)
- 300g Garofalo Fusilli Tricolore
- 1 – 2 courgettes
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 75g Feta
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the courgette into 1cm slices, place into an oven dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and dried oregano. Mix together with your hands so it’s all coated in the olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees and cook for 25-30 minutes, until soft. Remove them from the oven and put them to one side.
- Cook your Garofalo Fusilli Tricolore as per the packet instructions, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl mix together 3 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the juice of a lemon, 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pick and finely chop the leaves of a small sprig of mint.
- Drain the pasta, and in a large bowl or saucepan, add the courgettes, mint and drizzle the dressing over all the pasta and toss together.
- Finally, crumble the feta on top and season with a little black pepper.
- Eat straight away or cover and place in the fridge ready for later!
Keep up to date with my recipes and ideas, follow me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and sign up to my newsletter for all my latest recipes and events. Also look out for my competition to win a hamper of goodies from Garofalo!
This recipe is in collaboration with Garofalo Pasta UK, they sent me a range of their pasta products to create recipes with.