It’s asparagus season, and it’s Bank Holiday, so add this tasty frittata to your BBQ spread! Perfect for vegetarians, this quick and tasty dish is great as a side, part of a lunch spread, and if there are any leftovers grab a slice for work!
I bought lovely fresh, homegrown asparagus from our local farm shop, Pearce’s, here’s what else you’ll need…
Increase your ingredients if you want a bigger frittata.
- 4 eggs
- 75g soft goats cheese
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- 4 small boiled new potatoes
- 75g asparagus
To keep it simple I baked my frittata in the oven, it saved faffing with frying pans and grilling (and I don’t have a pan for that)
- Line a small round cake tin with baking parchment and a little spray of olive oil
- Whisk your eggs with salt, pepper and half of the goats cheese
- Break the woody bit of asparagus off from the stalk, then slice diagonally up until just before the head
- Halve the tomatoes, slice the potatoes
- Scatter the tomatoes, potatoes and sliced asparagus in the cake tin and pour in the egg mixture
- Then top with the remaining goats cheese and asparagus spear heads
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
I love to see it when you recreate my recipes so make sure you share them with me on social media or follow me for more recipe ideas and inspiration. You can find me on Twitter or Instagram with @CookingCarafes or on Facebook.