This recipe is the perfect mix of comfort food with goodness. It was a bit of an experimental dish but it’s now a firm favourite in our house!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 6 x pork chipolata sausages
- 500g Gnocchi
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered and sliced
- Cavolo nero or spinach
- 500g of passata or finely chopped tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Optional: ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, cook the sausages for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and soften the onion for about 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms.
- If using kale cut the stem out of a few leaves and slice into shreds, fry these in the pan with the mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
- Add the passata (and optional chilli flakes) , leave to gently simmer and season.
- If using spinach, add to the pan until it wilts down and stir in to the sauce.
- Chop the sausages into chunks and add to the sauce and stir, leave to simmer all together for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering, boil a pan of salted water and cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce and stir.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Top tip: Make sure there is plenty of water in your pan, when the gnocchi floats to the top it’s ready.
For more recipes, ideas and inspiration to your inbox sign up to our newsletter